Representative Peter Barca
Democratic, District 64
Peter Barca (born August 7, 1955) is a Democratic politician from the U.S. state of Wisconsin. His political career includes a stint in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Barca was born in Kenosha, Wisconsin and graduated from the University of Wisconsin–Madison. After attending graduate school at Harvard University, he worked as a teacher of the emotionally disturbed and a director of...
CapitolState Capitol, Room 107-North Post Office Box 8952Madison, WI 53708Phone608-266-5504FAX608-282-3664
District1339 38 AvenueKenosha, WI 53144
RolesAssembly, session 2009-2010 Assembly, session 2011-2012 Assembly, session 2013-2014
- Assembly Committee on Jobs, the Economy and Small Business
- Joint Committee on Legislative Organization
- Joint Committee on Employment Relations
News & Blog Coverage
Neumann wants another chance to cinch government’s purse strings
Aug 6, 2012In 1986, he started a construction business in south-central Wisconsin ... Rep. Les Aspin. But within months, Clinton appointed Aspin defense secretary. Neumann ran to serve out Aspin’s term, losing a squeaker to Democrat Peter Barca.Chippewa Herald
2 Assembly primaries to watch
Aug 3, 2012This election cycle, Wineke is his customary mad-as-hell at both Republicans and "the club" of Democratic legislators - including Senate Majority Leader Mark Miller, Assembly Democratic Leader Peter Barca and his chief primary opponent, incumbent Rep.Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
No tweets were found for Peter Barca.
SB 157preparation of legislative and congressional districting plans by the Legisla...
July 29, 2011
SB 121requiring the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation to create and implem...
June 3, 2011
SB 120an income and franchise tax credit for investments in a community development...
June 3, 2011
SB 51the Wisconsin Small Company Advancement grant program and making an appropria...
April 1, 2011
AB 891imposing a surcharge for certain forfeitures and making an appropriation.
March 23, 2010
- No on SB 150 motion Assembly amendment 3 laid on table, Ayes 58, Noes 39, July 20, 2011
- No on SB 150 motion Assembly amendment 6 laid on table, Ayes 58, Noes 39, July 20, 2011
- No on SB 150 motion Assembly amendment 8 laid on table, Ayes 58, Noes 39, July 20, 2011
- No on SB 147 motion Assembly amendment 1 adopted, Ayes 58, Noes 39, July 20, 2011
- Yes on SB 147 motion Read a third time and concurred in as amended, Ayes 81, Noes 16, July 20, 2011
All By Industry
Building Trades Unions$1,750.00
Democratic Candidate Committees$1,700.00
Top Individual Contributions
Barca, Peter W$1,000.00
Citizens For Peter Barca$600.00
Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 400$500.00
Interest Group Ratings
Primary sources for this person: