Representative Jim Ott
Republican, District 23
Jim Ott (born June 6, 1947) is an Wisconsin politician and former television meteorologist.
Ott serves in the Wisconsin State Assembly representing District 23. Prior to being elected to the Assembly, he was a television meteorologist in Milwaukee for WTMJ-AM and WTMJ-TV.
District11743 North Lakeshore DriveMequon, WI 53092
CapitolState Capitol, Room 317-North Post Office Box 8953Madison, WI 53708Phone608-266-0486
RolesAssembly, session 2009-2010 Assembly, session 2011-2012 Assembly, session 2013-2014
- Assembly Committee on Education Reform
- Assembly Committee on Fish and Wildlife
- Joint Committee for Review of Administrative Rules
News & Blog Coverage
Wisconsin OWI laws need additional reforms
May 1Wisconsin OWI laws need additional reforms
Reforms to OWI laws in the state legislature have made traction to eradicate drunken driving issues. Republican State Representative Jim Ott of Mequon is a leader in this movement. Ott introduced eight bills in 2013, and the Assembly passed four of those.Advance Titan
News from around Wisconsin at 5:28 a.m. CDT
Apr 21News from around Wisconsin at 5:28 a.m. CDT
Rep. Chris Taylor, D-Madison, and Rep. Garey Bies, R-Sister Bay, developed the legislation in response to three high-profile deaths in the last 10 years. They pointed to the deaths of Michael Bell, whom Kenosha police shot in the head as he fought with ...
and more »WRAL.com
No tweets were found for Jim Ott.
AB 118aiding a felon and providing penalties.
May 5, 2011
AB 96the composition of the Board of Veterans Affairs, the appointment of the Secr...
April 15, 2011
AB 7requiring certain identification in order to vote at a polling place or obtai...
January 27, 2011
AB 4automobile insurance coverage limits, permissible policy provisions, and proo...
January 14, 2011
SJR 12commending the Green Bay Packers.
February 16, 2011
- Yes on SB 150 motion Assembly amendment 3 laid on table, Ayes 58, Noes 39, July 20, 2011
- Yes on SB 150 motion Assembly amendment 6 laid on table, Ayes 58, Noes 39, July 20, 2011
- Yes on SB 150 motion Assembly amendment 8 laid on table, Ayes 58, Noes 39, July 20, 2011
- Yes on SB 147 motion Assembly amendment 1 adopted, Ayes 58, Noes 39, July 20, 2011
- Yes on SB 147 motion Read a third time and concurred in as amended, Ayes 81, Noes 16, July 20, 2011
All By Industry
Republican Candidate Contributions To Own Campaign$28,055.00
Republican Party Committees$2,450.00
Top Individual Contributions
Interest Group Ratings
Primary sources for this person: