Senator Spencer Coggs
Democratic, District 6
G. Spencer Coggs (born August 6, 1949) is an American politician. He currently serves as a member of the Wisconsin State Senate, representing the state's sixth senate district. He is a member of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin.
Before becoming a full-time legislator, Coggs was a City of Milwaukee health officer (and Chief Steward of his AFSCME union local ), getal worker and industr...
District7819 West Potomac AvenueMilwaukee, WI 53222Phone414-442-0739
CapitolState Capitol, Room 123 South Post Office Box 7882Madison, WI 53707-7882Phone608-266-2500FAX608-282-3546
RolesSenate, session 2009-2010 Senate, session 2011-2012
- Senate Committee on Transportation and Elections
- Senate Committee on Veterans and Military Affairs, Biotechnology, and Financial Institutions
- Senate Committee on Public Health, Senior Issues, Long-Term Care, and Job Creation
News & Blog Coverage
Black Health Coalition of Wisconsin celebrates its 25th Anniversary
Oct 12Black Health Coalition of Wisconsin celebrates its 25th Anniversary
Milwaukee Courier Weekly Newspaper
Pictured above is the panel for the Affordable Care Act Community Forum; Health Commissioner Bevan Baker, Senator Nikiya Harris, Dr. Patricia McManus, Shirley Ellis, Senior Advisor to Congresswoman Gwen Moore and panel moderator James Causey. (Photo by ...Milwaukee Courier Weekly Newspaper
Aug 9, 2012On Tuesday, August 14, Wisconsin voters will selec nominees for state offices ... is the default choice in a weak field of five candidates seeking to succeed Spencer Coggs, who was elected City Treasurer in April. Only two of the remaining candidates ...On Milwaukee
No tweets were found for Spencer Coggs.
AB 831prohibiting discrimination against an employee who declines to attend an empl...
March 11, 2010
AJR 106proclaiming February 5, 2010, as Go Red for Women Day.
January 25, 2010
AB 256regulation of wind energy systems and granting rule-making authority.
May 5, 2009
AB 939compliance by employers with certain laws whose enforcement depends on the pr...
April 7, 2010
AB 406challenging the ballots of electors at polling places.
August 31, 2009
- No on SB 150 motion Read a third time and passed, Ayes 19, Noes 14, July 19, 2011
- Yes on SB 148 motion Refused to refer to committee on Senate Organization, Ayes 14, Noes 19, July 19, 2011
- No on SB 148 motion Read a third time and passed, Ayes 19, Noes 14, July 19, 2011
- No on SB 147 motion Assembly amendment 1 concurred in, Ayes 19, Noes 14, August 1, 2011
- Yes on SB 144 motion Read a third time and passed, Ayes 33, Noes 0, July 19, 2011
All By Industry
State & Local Govt Employee Unions$25,500.00
Building Trades Unions$17,250.00
Top Individual Contributions
Wisconsin Education Association Council$12,939.00
Interest Group Ratings
|Number of ratings|
|Animal Rights and Wildlife Issues||1|
|Civil Liberties and Civil Rights||2|
Primary sources for this person: